Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cousins Weekend numero 5 part II

.....Previously on Cousins Weekend: read the preceding post.

Seriously, don't you just hate "to be continueds" They drive me crazy. One of my favorite shows, Heroes, did that to me this week but here is the kicker, it doesn't come back on for another month and a half. How can I possibly wait that long to see if Peter Petrelli gets killed by Syler or is he able to summon his own powers to defeat him? What's gonna happen with Claire after meeting her grandmother? Is her father gonna be killed by The Company? These are questions I need the answer to now or at the very least next Monday but a whole month and a half. I'm of a mind to not watch again just to spite them. But I can't. I'll come back. They know I'll come back.

Luckily for you all you only had to wait one day for the continuation. So here it goes. Where were we? Ah yes...

We were running kind of late for the play and I was worried about finding parking. Downtown is hard for that. We pulled into this one lot that Aly and I have used before but it was too expensive for as long as we wanted to stay. Across the street was one that was cheaper. We were two blocks away from the theatre so we walked as fast as we could hoping to not be too late. Well, we didn't have anything to worry about. They hadn't even really started. One of the actors was just talking to the audience and explaining the audience interaction part. That's right, audience interaction. Well, the curtain's parted and out came Olive Foil. Among the other characters in the play were Bruno Baddyson (the audience boo's every time he comes out), Blimpie, Bart Baddyson, Barbie Boop(cat calls), Mama, and of course Pot Pie(cheers and hurrahs). Oh yeah there was baby too who later was named Sweet Tea. The story was extremely cheesy and at first we girls looked at each other like we didn't know what we had gotten into. I think the audience interaction made it fun and once we got into it we enjoyed it. There were lots and lots of puns, bad jokes, old jokes, and just overall wackiness. The play was also infused with Utah references such as when Pot Pie proposes to Olive, he gives her this huge diamond ring and he says "I went to Jared" then later on when the Baddyson brothers try to steal the ring Bart keeps trying to give himself a name that isn't his own and he spits out Tom. Then Olive says "You ought to be ashamed of yourself." "I am. I'm Tom Shame, your friend in the diamond business." He continued on to recite the radio commercials that are famous here in Salt Lake Valley. There were lots of other references too like at the beginning Olive is excited that Pot Pie is coming home from his 24 months at sea. He is a moor man. She is so excited to see him after his two year moor man mission.

We really liked Olive, she played really well with the audience and the character. Pot Pie was pretty funny too. I probably laughed hardest at Barbie Boop. She did the greatest voice and was probably the best actor up there. Julie really liked Baby. It was this kid that would stick his head out of a baby basket and had baby doll arms. He was really funny.

After the play was over, we stayed for the improv show. We had payed for both. Eric Jensen who played Pot Pie was one of the troupe. It was really funny in the beginning. A couple of guys were by far the most original and funny. I could try to explain but I think you had to be there. You can see more info about this at The OBT website. We had so much fun. Afterwards we took in a late night dessert at Village Inn. Then back to my house to sit and chat and sleep. This time we only stayed up until 3:00 am. I did mostly origami off my new page a day Origami calendar. I love it.

Sunday morning/noon we went and had lunch at Red Lobster. Love that place. Then we went to Costco so I could take advantage of Aly's membership and buy Loralee and I our books for this month's book club book. I also found The Lake House for $10! I was siked. I've been waiting to find a cheap version of that. Then back to my house to laze around for another hour and then the girls were off back to the respective living situations. Then End.

Seriously gals I had so much fun, as always. Aly and I are already planning on the next one when we will make our way down to Cedar City.

P.S. to our mothers. Funnily enough I don't think we really talked about you at all. A mention here and there. I guess we have said it all so you'd better do something crazy so we can talk about that.

7 comments:

Booklogged said...

First - about Heroes - there should be a law against them doing that. Like you say, a month and a half is just way too long! And what about the guy on the ceiling, who is still alive? The show needs him, don't they?

Again, you 3 are lucky to enjoy each other's company and to share these fun happenings. Such good memories. The play sounds pretty funny.

About your mothers - you could probably talk endlessly about all their good qualities. I know your sweet, dear mothers and you'd be hard pressed to find better! (I have noticed they can all be quite sarcastic!) :~)

Alyson said...

It was a fun weekend. The play did turn out to be a lot of fun, but like you said, I was concerned at first. I thought the baby was hilarious. I can't wait until we get together again.

Alyson said...

Oh, I just remembered the part about the Pie 'n apple on below the dock. Bart says, "Do you think anyone lives in that pie 'n apple?" and Bruno says "Who lives in a pie 'n apple under the sea?" That was pretty funny!

Cardine said...

I love "Heroes," too!

Wasn't Mohinder doing the narrating? Can they kill the narrator? Is his part really done? I mean, if they kill him, then he was a pointless character!!! Unless his sister really isn't dead and comes back around. Because, we never found out what was up with her! I hope they don't leave loose strings.

julie said...

Remember when the stage...I mean dock, got in Pot Pie's way and he ad libbed about being strong enough to move the dock? That was funny. Really, I ended up really enjoying the play and I absolutely agree with your critique of it, the actors, and the improv afterwards. Good times.

Speaking of meals...well, we did in your last post...I had the best tilapia I've ever had at Red Lobster Sunday. Yummy!!

Good times...good times. We have so much fun together and I agree that this was one of the best visits we've had! I can't wait for your visit here! Maybe we should spend the day in St. George or Zion. Hmmm. We'll discuss it sometime. :)

Framed said...

Cardine, the narrator on Desperate Housewives dies in the first show of the first season and it works.

I agree that a month and a half is a long time. I've only watched the show twice. How will I remember anything? Of course, I can console myself watching Dancing with the Stars. Apollo Anton Ono is on this time. Oh yeah, that is consolation!

Cassie said...

I loved that dock part. That was hilarious. I think we probably got the funniest performance because of all those mistakes.