Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Cousins Weekend numero (not sure, haven't really kept track, let's call it ) 5!

I was nominated to do the blogging of this last weekend. Oh what a weekend it was too. One of the most outstanding cousins weekends so far. Not to say they weren't all fantabulous, but I think this one will stand out. I know that those of you, reading this, who were not there are just on tender hooks to know. I'm just on tender hooks to tell you. Okay so here it goes.

Julie drove up from Cedar City to the great city of Salt Lake (we decided it was her turn to drive) and picked moi up then headed to lesser great city of Layton. Layton is fine, but well I don't really have a but so I'll just leave it to you to put in your own but. So anyway, we drove to Aly's apartment (which Julie had never seen before). I just realized that I might be getting a little too detaily but I'm in that mood so I'll try to cut back but I want you all to understand, if not imagine, that you were there. Okay, so anyway (how many times am I gonna say that in this post? sorry I keep getting distracted) we sat and talked as cousins who haven't seen each other in weeks are wont to do, of course I had just seen Aly a few days ago, amazing that we don't get tired of each other. Now I hadn't eaten all day thinking I would gorge myself at dinner, but we didn't eat until 9:00 because we just kept talking and talking. Finally, we decided to go to Mimi's Cafe. Julie had never eaten there before and she loves to try new places. And yes, I gorged myself on a cheeseburger and fries and the biggest New York cheesecake. I mean, it was bigger than a cheese wedge that you cut off from a cheese wheel. Huge! and oh so good. (better than the meal) Aly had the clam chowder which was extremely salty and she couldn't eat it, luckily the waitress noticed and took it off her bill. She got the brownie sundae for dessert. With the biggest brownie slices, (yes plural, there were two!). I can't even describe to you the enormousness of those brownie slices. Let's see, Julie had....crap I don't remember, sorry Jules. Her dessert was the creme brulet or something like that I think and it was the largest creme brulet I had ever seen like the size of a pot pie, maybe even bigger.

After eating as much of our desserts as we possibly could we went back to Aly's where the all night conversation began. Confessions were made, advice was given and then just general things here and there. I dozed off from time to time and there would be times we would try to call it a night but then someone would start talking and we would be at it again. It was pretty funny. Around 4 am I think we were really going to go to bed. Aly was in her room and then Julie asked me a question about something and I answered with my eyes closed and then we kept talking back and forth. Soon Aly came back out and not wanting to miss out on any conversation so we had about another hour of talk. I love it. Then we slept, not too comfortably for me as I was on the loveseat but fine enough for the time.

Wake up time was around 11:00 though a couple of us woke up earlier but just rolled over and went back to sleep. Okay this is way too detailed. I'll summarize the next little bit. and continue on in the next post. We sat and talked again (what else could we possibly have to say) until around 3:00 when we decided we needed to get ready to back down to SLC. There we had dinner at Cafe Med. So good. Love love love. Then we headed to our exciting destination of seeing an Off Broadway Play called Pot Pie the Sailor Man!!!!

.....to be continued.

4 comments:

Booklogged said...

You three just have way too much fun together. I'm glad you're close enough to get together once in awhile.

Framed said...

I hope you weren't dissing your mothers again. And I can't believe you left us all hanging like that. I want to hear about the play.

Cardine said...

Is this the same Mimi's Cafe that warnser reviewed on his food blog?

julie said...

I had the quiche lorraine; it was really really yummy - especially the crust. Of course, it was huge, so I couldn't finish it. Also, my dessert was the chocolate-pecan pie, and yes, it was HUGE! I liked it, but I thought the chocolate was overpowering (I can't believe I just wrote that!!!). Don't worry, I couldn't remember for awhile, either. I DO remember the lovely gyro platter I enjoyed at Cafe Med, though. I LOVE that place! Next time, I'm indulging in the baklava for dessert.

And, to set the record straight, it was YOU who started talking after we had "gone to bed" at 4am. You said something about America's Next Top Model. BTW, what did you think about Samantha getting the boot this week? I totally thought Natasha should go. My picks so far...never mind, I can't remember their names, just their faces. :)

Cardine, I remember Warnser writing about a Mimi's Cafe, but I don't know if it's the same.