Thursday, September 18, 2008

Funny Story about the Cake

Seriously cruise post is coming soon. Check tomorrow.

I forgot a funny tidbit about the cake that I find amusing. So I went shopping for the ingredients and I figured I would need two cake mixes and decided to a vanilla so I just grabbed those and the rest of the stuff. The night before the party I baked the cakes. I made the first one just fine, bugged that my baking strips didn't really work with the pan I was using so I knew I was going to have level off the cake a little. So while that cake was cooling I made the second one for the second layer. As I'm mixing the cake mix with all the ingredients, a strong smell of lemon starts wafting through the air and I was a little puzzled for a brief moment. I grabbed the box and realized that I bought one vanilla cake mix and a lemon cake mix. Silly me. I thought oh well, it will still be good with the vanilla and the raspberry filling and actually I think it made for interesting mix of flavors so look at me innovated by accident.

4 comments:

julie said...

Ooooooo, that cake had a raspberry filling??? Oh dear, you're killing me. You're right...lemon cake would go well with the vanilla cake and raspberry filling. Hmmm. However, I think I should back up this opinion with an actual trial of said cake. What do you think??? :)

Framed said...

It was excellent. And look at that picture of Lincoln chowing down. Obviously, he liked it.

Stacey said...

Um it was good, no question about it. And Julie, the tub is sitting in my fridge, so if you ever stop by to visit, you can have a taste!

Cassie said...

Unfortunately the tub doesn't have raspberry filling so we might need to pick some up for that. I will definitely cook you a cake sometime. The baking part is pretty easy.