Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ireland Day 2

Okay, back to the trip. There are more pics I could upload, but doesn't look like I'm getting to that, so I'll just go with these ones that I did a couple weeks ago.

Here we are in Glenanitchaquin Park, a stop on the Ring of Beara which is a beautiful drive. This place was wonderful. You follow a path and just take in the amazing Irish scenery. This is where we knew we were in Ireland. Here Amber is chasing some sheep in a pasture that we should or should not have been in.


We're still in the park, but heading back to the car.


Here's a shot of the park from atop a hill. It's too bad I don't have a photo of some pretty waterfalls they had here too, but isn't it so beautifully green?


Heading out on this one lane road. We only ran into one other car heading in the opposite direction but we were able to get past each other with some friendly maneuvering.


This is Healy Pass, another stop on the Ring of Beara. So amazing. We got a little rain, but it usually stopped when we wanted to get out and get pictures. How thoughtful.


I know how much you all love the punk jumps and have missed them so in the last few weeks.




Here we are in Killarney. We only stayed for an hour of shopping, which was just enough since all the shops closed about then.


See all the green and gold flags. We're in County Cork alright. The winner of the All Ireland match the night before. We heard from someone that there was going to be a huge party, like 20,000 people in the town square that night, but we had to move on.



But not before Amber let evoked a little leprechaun fun.

Driving north towards our next night's stay. We put in a couple hours driving here to Kilrush where we stayed for the night.

In order to get to Kilrush, we had to take a ferry. It was windy and rainy. Probably the only time our rain coats came in handy, but we could have stayed in the car. We asked for help on how the ferry works from another driver and he offered to have us follow him to Kilrush and a place to stay. There wasn't enough room for all of us, so Sarah B, Amanda and I stayed in the pub B&B and the other three hit up a B&B up the road. It was kind of nice to be in a smaller group for a night.


The other three girls snug in their beds. I don't know why I never thought to take pictures of my rooms until later on in the trip. Oh well.

I'll try to move faster on the rest of the trip, but I'm not promising anything.

3 comments:

Framed said...

Amazing scenery and photos. I'm so proud you are wearing your seatbelt.

julie said...

Don't worry! Take it slow! I love reading about your trip! These are pictures I haven't seen yet, which is fun.

Cassie said...

Actually, Julie you have seen them, but now I know that your eyes glazed over after the first 200 pictures. (: