Saturday, January 07, 2012

I'm Back!

Well, it's January.  And of course if it's January, it means that resolutions are in full swing for most people and I am no exception.  So here are mine for 2012 (in no particular order):

1. Blog More.  I hope to write a post at least once a week, but there may be times it's only once a month.  I'll definitely try to not let it be only a couple times this year.  I think I felt like my life had stagnated this year so what was there to write about.  But it's not true.  Things happened and things will happen this year.  Things are already in motion to happen this year.  I'll talk more about that stuff later.

2. Lose 50lbs by my 30th birthday.  Yes, the ever cliched lose weight resolution.  But since I have a goal time I'm hoping to reach then maybe that will help me achieve it more.  It basically equates to losing two pounds a week.  I've already tried lessening my portions and it's my goal to walk on the treadmill at least four times a week.  Perhaps build up to jogging.  So wish me luck.

3. Pass at least one CMA Exam.  There are two exams to get my CMA certification.  This one is going to be tough.  I'm not a good studier.  But it needs to happen.  I had originally planned to take the first test this February but I'm already behind on studying and lots of things are going on that are distracting me.  So it my not be until May.  But it has to be May at the very latest.

4. Be more active in Church and its various activities.  I've told myself that I can only miss church once a month.  I need to put in more effort if I want to get more out of it.  Church really isn't my thing but I believe in its importance and I'm hoping increasing my spirtuality will add to my happiness.  I would also like to read the Book of Mormon again this year.

5. Read 3 books from my AP English list.  When I was a junior in high school my AP English teacher gave us a huge list of books that we could choose from to do our book reports on.  I told myself that I would read every book on the list with the exception of the Greek histories.  I just can't do those.  I've read some hear and there but they've gone on the back burner in the last several years.  So I want to read three of them this year.

6. Learn to play the piano or guitar better.  I have both and I can only play a little bit on each and would love to be more proficient in one or both.  It would be nice to be able to just sit and be able to play whatever I want. 

Well that's about it.  There are others that are a little more personal, but this is the gist of it.  I feel good about completing most if not all of them this year.  I could use some success this year.  Hope all of you keep your goals and that they add to your life. 

1 comment:

julie said...

Welcome back!

I hope you accomplish all your goals this year - especially the blogging more goal because I love to read your blog. :)

I like your background. Uber cute!

I like YOU, too! You're uber cute, too. :)

Oh, and I really like the flower you gave me for Christmas. I get lots of compliments every time I wear it. I love the dash of color it adds to my outfits. Thanks again!