Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cool Guys to Work With

I've been having some pretty interesting conversations with my coworkers. They are both male and married since forever. They like to give me advice on what to look for in guys and other aspects of my life. They want me to be happy. I've kind of known, but never really thought about it that much until today, how Peter Priesthood they both are. Never watch 'R' rated movies, would never have thought to make out with a girl just to make out with her, and read scriptures and pray every day. Okay not all those things make them Peter Priesthood, but it's what we discussed today and if you had heard how they said things you would agree.

The thing is they are so fun to talk to and are pretty much non-judgmental. At least not of me, and you know me, I'm pretty honest. Today I talked about how I could really use a good kissing session with someone I was somewhat into but if we dated or not it wouldn't matter. It's been a long long long long time, okay. They argued against it, of course. Okay really by this time I was just talking to my boss. He argued against it, but I never felt like he thought less of me that I wanted that. He's been married since he was 22 and I think guys who have done that just don't get it when you get to be my age and not married. I joke around with him all the time. I said today that even though I would like to be married someday, I'm not sure I'm ready. So not really looking for Mr. Right, but sure could use a Mr. Right now. And he maybe Mr. Right now could turn into Mr. Right, but no pressure.

Anyway we laugh a lot and I love their advice. I can tell they genuinely care about me, my salvation, my happiness, my career and all that. I finished the Book of Mormon on Sunday after probably five years of reading it. Maybe less, I'm not sure. They both gave me high fives. One of them had been on my back about finishing for a few months now so he was excited. It was sweet. I like that I get along with them so well. It really makes this change in jobs so much better.

5 comments:

Kate Weber said...

I'm glad you like your coworkers! Also, congrats on finishing the Book of Mormon! I need to sit down and do some reading. You're an inspiration!

Good luck finding Mr. Right now! A non-committal make out does sound good. I'd go for one of those myself.

Great post!

Framed said...

I can't believe you discuss that with your male co-workers. But then again, maybe it's because you know how much they care about you. You're lucky to have that. But, honestly, Cassie. You crack me up.

julie said...

As someone who has had her share recently of makeout sessions both with people she isn't dating and with someone she IS dating...the latter is certainly the best way to go - it's a lot more enjoyable! However, the makeout sessions with the other guys certainly were enjoyable, too! *grin*

Just make sure that either way, you're comfortable with what goes on and that you don't let it go further or longer than you're comfortable with. That's the most important part.

Good luck with your quest for a little action!

And, congratulations on finishing the Book of Mormon! Woohoo!

Booklogged said...

I've never heard the term Peter Priesthood - but good for those two men you work with. Need I throw in my 2 cents? I'm totally against make-out sessions with just anyone and I'm certainly not your Molly Mormon!

College Term Papers said...

It is good to see that information, really like to share this, this database really helps, Thanks for the information.