Thursday, January 14, 2010

Homemade Christmas Presents

Okay, here are the things I made for Christmas presents. Not as many as I had originally intended and there is one still to be finished. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.


I made DVDs for my friends that I went to the British Isles with. It has video and picture slideshows of our trip. They really liked it. We watched it together on New Years Eve.


I made magnets for the girls in my book club and for a few other friends and family members. They really turned out cute.


These are throw pillows that I made for Melanie. I've been wanting to make them for her for a long time and this Christmas was the perfect opportunity. I found the fabric at Ikea and I bought pillows from D.I. to be the pillow forms.



These are the two maternity shirts I embellished for Loralee. It was pretty fun making them and I may embellish some of my own t-shirts now. It's pretty easy.

Anyway, nothing too amazing, but they were well received. Now I just have to attempt to make a temple bag for my mom and I'll post about that when it's done.

7 comments:

Kate Weber said...

I love it all! VERY cute! I LOVE those pillows! They are so adorable. The magnets. SO CUTE! The embellishments on the shirts? Where did you pick that up? It's really cool! And the DVD's of the trip is something that those girls are going to treasure forever! It's so much easier to pop in a disc to watch things! You are so creative! Love it!

julie said...

Those pillows turned out way cute! I love what you did with the fabric pattern. I knew you'd turn it into something wonderful when you bought it.

Seriously, you are so creative! I'm really impressed with how much thought and effort you put into presents. You're awesome!

Framed said...

Those pillows are fantastic. I love my magnets and can't wait for the garment bag to be finished. We picked out such cute trims to go with the fabulous fabric you got.

Amber said...

Wow, I seriously love it all! You are so thoughful and talented! Embellishing the shirts is a great idea.

Framed said...

What a cute picture you've put up on your profile.

Alyson said...

I love my magnets!! I put them up the other day and was thinking again how cute they are. The pillows for Melanie are awesome!! I didn't even know Ikea sold fabric. All very creative and fun.

Cassie said...

Oh yeah, Ikea has really cute fabric. Thanks everyone. I'm actually teaching an enrichment night on how to embellish t-shirts like I did with these shirts.