Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What I've Been Up To Part II

I don't know why, but I had a craving to watch Voltron. Do you guys know what that is? It's an old cartoon. My mom had a few episodes recorded on a tape and I remember watching those episodes all the time. I won't go into too many details, but it's about four space explorers and a princess who pilot robot lions to defend Planet Arus against the villains of Planet Doom and when needed the lions come together to form the almighty robot Voltron. They are the Voltron Force. The king of Planet Doom is Zarkon and his son Prince Lotor is obsessed with Princess Allura (one of the pilots) and hatches plan after plan to try to capture her so he can force her to be his bride, but is always defeated by Voltron. Anyway, only having watched a few episodes I always wondered what happened in the rest of the series. So I turned to my wonderful Netflix and hey guess what they had them all on instant play so this last weekend I've been catching up with the adventures of Voltron.

Just to let in you in on a little sordid detail about myself, I actually only watch the episodes that deal with Lotor plotting to capture Princess Allura. There are some episodes where Zarkon wants to take over Planet Arus and it doesn't focus on the princess. I read an episode guide on each episode to see what happens in the episode and then watch the ones with that plot. I am totally drawn to those episodes. There's something about a good looking villain (because even though he's blue, he's kinda hot for a cartoon, oh man am I revealing too much about myself) that wants to take off with a fair maiden. This is a story that has been told over and over again so it's not so weird that I like it. But I think or I hope that Princess Allura ends up with the leader of the Voltron Force, but he's pretty clueless.

2 comments:

julie said...

You're so funny, Cassie! I love how you get random moments of nostalgia and actually act on them. I get them, too, but am too lazy. I bet I'd do the same thing and just watch the same episodes as you. :)

Framed said...

Those Voltron episodes were the cheesiest things I had ever seen. It cracks me up that you remembered them.