Thursday, March 25, 2010

What I've Been Up To Part IV

I've been to see quite a few movies recently some with friends and some on my own. I love going to movies alone. If you haven't tried it, you really should. It's so freeing. No worrying about having to save seats if you're meeting up with people. You can catch up on reading if you get to the theater early and have time to kill. Of course, I love going to movies with friends too, but I like to see a lot more odd films or R rated films that my friends won't see.

Here's what I've seen lately from most recent:

Princess & the Frog: I'm so happy that Disney got back to it's roots with classic 2D animation. This movie was pretty cute, though not quite up to their earlier stuff but close. I liked it.

Up in the Air: I really liked this movie. George Clooney at his best.

An Education: This movie was good. Slightly gives a creepy feeling, but the lead actress Carey Mulligan is wonderful. I saw it at the Tower Theater which gives an interesting indie feel.

Alice In Wonderful 3D in Imax: Not as good as I hoped. The best part was Johnny Depp, but even his part wasn't all that spectacular. Helena Bonham Carter was pretty awesome too.

Invictus: I hadn't really cared to see this film, but it turned out to be pretty fascinating. Even though it may have gone on long I loved the rugby matches. I never really understood how rugby was played but I do now. I kind of want to know a little more about South African history.

Leap Year: I went in with pretty low expectations and even though I predicted the whole outcome, it was still kind of cute. The lead guy just got me with his eyes. He really knows how to gaze.

It's almost like I've gotten back in my groove of movie watching. I used to go to the movies all the time. My friend Stacey invites me to her weekly movie going but I don't always go because she sometimes picks movies that I'm not really interested in. Plus I need to save money.

2 comments:

Framed said...

That's too bad about Alice in Wonderland. I would like to see Invictus, Up in the Air, The Princess and the Frog and even Leap Year. Just not bad enough to go to the movie alone. I think that would be funner in Salt Lake.

Stacey said...

and we wish you would come with us more often!! sometimes I'M not interested in the movies we see...we just go for something to do on a consistent basis...you should come some more :)