Friday, June 25, 2010

Long Time No Read?

Wow, I have been majorly remiss in posting on this blog. I thought it had only been a month or so but it has been two months. Is blogging (unless you have a purposeful blog) on it's way out? Well, I'll keep mine up even if there are breaks in between. So now for the long update.

Things that haven't changed:
Still live in the same house with the same girls
Still have the same job.
Still not dating anyone.
Still on the qwest for the ultimate secret to losing weight that doesn't require exercise (not really working out though)
Still a TV junkie


Things that have changed:
I am a daredevil - I went skydiving!!
I'm another year older
Lots of friends getting married and having babies (10 people so far that I know got married or are engaged)
I have taken over the management of my book club to give the prior girl a break.
My little sister McKenzie gave birth to my first niece Kaylee (haven't met her yet)

So you know nothing too exciting. (: Skydiving was amazing and I can't believe I did it. I went with Julie and Aly and it couldn't have been better with any other two people. They were fearless. It went by so fast that it didn't even seem like it happened. That's why we had to fork out the dough for the video so we had proof. If I can embed it somehow I'll post it.

Just had my twenty-eighth birthday. It was really nice and very low key. Just dinner at one of my favorite restaurants Cafe Med with a pretty good group of my good friends. And then Melanie, Tiffanie and I went out to the west side to watch Toy Story 3 at Hollywood Connections. It was so dead there we almost had the theater completely to ourselves. Of course, by the end all three of us were blubbering, snotty cry babies. It was such a good movie. A very good day.

A couple weeks ago I went camping with a my friends Tiffanie and Stacey and some other people in our ward in Jackson Hole, Wyoming with a little river rafting thrown in. It was so beautiful there and the weather was perfect. It was just an overnighter so a lot of driving. We accidentally took the long way through Idaho Falls, but the scenery was so amazing I didn't care and I got to know a guy in my ward a little bit. That was one of the main reasons I went. To get to know a few more people in my ward as some of my closest friends have gotten married now. Really other than a handful of people, no one knows me in my ward which is totally my fault and in some cases I actually like it, but I need to become more social otherwise I will definitely never meet anyone to marry.

Two weeks until the annual Shakepeare Festival trip. I look forward to this every year and my mom will be there so it will make it extra fun. And I have set Julie a goal to talk to and possibly get a picture with Brian Vaughn her celebrity crush at the festival. Can she do it? We shall see.

3 comments:

Framed said...

I was worried that I might not make it to Shakespeare, but it looks like things are going to work out. Woohoo!!

Did you ever consider that your future husband might be living in Vernal? Think about that for a while.

TPlayer said...

I'm sorry. I should have passed the pics along from Jackson so you could have posted them. Oh well. I will post mine...eventually. Happy Birthday again! I got a double shout-out. I feel so special!

julie said...

I'm so happy to read a new post! Woohoo! Not that I blame you...my blog isn't really updated a lot either. *smile*

Wasn't skydiving a blast??? I'm glad you went with, it definitely wouldn't have been the same without you! I'm really looking forward to Shakespeare, too, despite the one addition to our "party" that we spoke about last night. And, we have GOT to accomplish that goal with Brian! :)

See ya soon! Love ya!